7 Quick Takes Friday
1. Today marks my 13th week of pregnancy. I am not at all superstitious, And I am embracing this week, because I am thrilled to be leaving that icky first trimester behind. The end result is so so worth it, and I am so blessed to be bearing another child, but I am reeeeeaaaalllly look forward to feeling closer to human again!
2. Andrew gets home from Boy Scout camp tomorrow. I'm sure he had a great time. I'm also pretty sure he will need a long shower. Ethan has really missed him. I suspect the other boys have as well, but they're not telling!
3. It turns out the Rev. and I have been health nuts even longer than we thought. I was thrilled to see that our sweet honeymoon beach town, Tybee island, GA was listed as the #1 Healthiest Beach and Lake Town on the Today show today. We spent a week at the Desoto Beach Hotel 14 years ago. It looks as charming now as it did then, but I think the prices have gone waaaaay up! We stayed for a week for what it costs for one night now! Wowsers!
4. I've heard various snippets on the radio this week about the debate on whether or not it should be considered child abuse for allowing your children to become obese. It is no secret that I am a huge proponent of childhood nutrition, but I'm not sure removing children from their homes is the answer to the obesity problem. I think education is a start, but what I really think needs to happen is a complete overhaul on the way we look at food, both as parents and consumers. What do you think?
5. I bought some cheap Lacrosse sticks at Target this past week. The boys love them. They are on clearance. They have encouraged the boys to PLAY OUTSIDE. Apparently they make fabulous water balloon launchers. Who knew? Fathers are infinitely more fun than mothers.
6. I've had more than one twin dream this week. This is making me nervous.
7. I've begun back to school shopping. I think I bought about 20 short sleeve polo shirts on Wednesday. Pants will have to wait out a few growth spurts. I always think of my friend Esther when I see the school supply displays. She's a total sucker for school supplies. She probably has enough stored up in her basement to last until the second coming, but she buys more every year anyway! At least now she has a kid or two in school...it was scary when she just had a baby!